About the Company
Cablewave Utility Services provides utility engineering and damage prevention services for the telecommunication & electrical industry. We offer overhead electrical & Subsurface utility engineering. We value hard work, honesty and dedication to our client commitments.
About the role
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic candidate always willing to advance themselves professionally. This position will provide a great foundation to gain the necessary skills and experience required to work with various utilities and municipalities in the growing utility industry. The position training progression plan is from field survey to drafting CAD. Survey work will be required in less than ideal outside conditions at times and candidate must be willing to battle the elements. Paid Training will be provided.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities of this role:
The candidate will be responsible for completing utility locates, utilizing the GNSS GPS to capture existing infrastructure and above grade equipment. Operate Electromagnetic (EM) induction equipment. Complete pole line survey which includes gathering all attachment information of existing cables and equipment. Operate a digital camera to record specific images for each project.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have excellent time management
- Must work well independently
- Must have valid “G” drivers licence with acceptable abstract.
- Experience with GLONASS GPS & Total stations is an asset.
- Autocad experience considered an asset.
- Damage Prevention Technician 100 Course by the ORCGA is required or minimum 1 year utility locating experience.
- Extensive travel & occasional overnight stay will be required throughout Ontario as required.
- Ability to properly identify electrical conductors and telecommunication cables.
- Review and understand utility records.
Cablewave Utility Services is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.
Due to the current COVID-19 Considerations, we have implemented the guidelines as required by the recommended health officials.
Please attach resume and cover letter in PDF format.