About the Company:
Cablewave Utility Services Inc. Specializes in telecommunication and electrical distribution engineering, damage prevention & construction management. We value hard work, honesty and dedication to our client commitments. Celebrating our successes when we achieve and exceed our goals set us apart.
About the role:
We are looking for our candidates to always willing to advance themselves professionally with continued training and experiences. This position is based out of our Whitchurch-Stouffville service area, and is a hybrid position with home dispatch. Training and other in person meetings will be required at the office from time to time. This position requires an independent and self starting work ethic. Our role will provide you with the necessary skills and experience required to work with various utilities and municipalities throughout Ontario.
The position training plan will be to develop into OSP team leaders for each of our territories.
Survey work is required in less than ideal outside conditions at times and candidate must be willing and able to work inclement weather. Paid Training will be provided.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities of this role:
The candidate will be responsible for completing all types of pipe and cable utility locates. Utilizing the RTK GPS to capture existing infrastructure and above grade equipment. Operate Electromagnetic (EM) induction equipment, Operate GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) units, pipe and sonde equipment.
Operate utility pole inspection equipment, and manage large complex pole inspection programs.
Complete utility pole line survey, which includes gathering all attachment information of existing conductors, cables and equipment. Operate a digital camera to record specific images for each project. Provide daily updates to our project manager and work with them for project scheduling for project flow between all departments.
Experience and Qualifications:
· Must have Electrical / Civil engineering technician, technology diploma or equivalent experience (Minimum 3 years working in this field is considered equivalent).
· Must have excellent time management
· Must work well independently and have great communication skills.
· Must have valid “G” drivers licence with acceptable abstract.
· Experience with RTK GPS & Total stations is an asset.
· Autocad, LAC multiviewer, and Utililocate experience an asset.
· Damage Prevention Technician 100 Course by the ORCGA is required or minimum 3 years utility locating experience.
· Extensive travel & occasional overnight stay will be required throughout Ontario as required.
· Ability to properly identify electrical conductors and telecommunication cables.
· Review and understand utility records.
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
· Ability of walking long distances and managing with various grades of terrain equivalent to hiking is required.
Cablewave Utility Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their cover letter.
Please attach resume and cover letter in PDF format. Can be emailed to Careers@cablewave.ca as well.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$34.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- surveying: 1 year (preferred)
- Utility Locating: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON